Friday, March 12, 2010

Ok. I can't believe that it's only been a week since I was happily baking in my own kitchen at home and enjoying spring break. Two days before that I was falling in love with a little place known as Charlotte, North Carolina. Now, I'm back in he dorm room and while I'd definitely take this over high school, where I'd be taking a bunch of worthless classes and be bored and sad with no friends. So I'm very glad, thank you, to have just finished my high school requirements and to officially be a college freshmen. Plus, I'm in the new culinary arts building, and the state of the arts chocolates lab for my Chocolates and Confections class. And I have no extra classes. Done for the day at 1:00. But I'm usually exhausted. Dehydrated, frustrated, excited, hungry, exhausted. After a day of cutting peanut and mocha squares that have to be cut in 13/16" squares and make my mouth water, I'm so glad it's the weekend. Wish I had more andy to enjoy, but unfortunately we can't take much home. So, instead I'm filling my time looking at recipes I can't make right now. I mean RIGHT NOW! I want to step into my own kitchen and have my own agenda making things I can keep. And eat as much as I want without any guilt, exercise or whatnot. Anyone with me? Well, if you are, take a step into dreamland, and take a look at one of my favorite recipe destinations. Tastespotting.com. all It's a place that gathers information from countless food blogs and depicts a glorious, mouth-watering array of pictures for your clicking fancy. I'll try to make that help me this weekend, but... why is it that dorms in culinary school don't have kitchens? Enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment