Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Beginnings, endings and a big slice of pie

So, here's the start of my blog, on this Wednesday evening that feels like Thursday, and as my eyelids are beginning to droop and more studying remains to be done.
So here's my day: trying to finish a project that I only had the final information for after yesterday's class, then getting a quick bite to eat, going to an informational session, trying again to print the project but failing, then going to class to make 2 pies and 6 tartlets and garnishes in 4 (well, ok, 5).
That's life at Johnson and Wales. Every nine days (of class) means a new classroom, new assignments, a new project due, four more quizzes to prepare for, a new teacher to met, and many new skills to learn.
Don't get me wrong, however; culinary school is great.
Especially when you should really be a senior in high school.
But, more on that another day. For now, I am glad that my "Miss American Pie", "Duh Mocha Banana Cream Pie", "Passionate Puckers", and "Almondina Tartlets" have been made, and that I can move on to something I already know quite a bit about: Cookies and Petifours. Until another day, when I will more adequately introduce myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment