Tuesday, September 28, 2010

When a piece of cake is well... not.

So who knew I'd finally find a better way to cut cake on what will probably be one of my last few days of assembling them? Frustrating!
I think after this class I'm in, I will try my hardest to just come up with the flavor concept of the cake and do the testing it takes to get the perfect pairing of cake, filling and frosting; the rest can be up to someone else or else I'll just make cupcakes; they're pretty enough.
Speaking of cupcakes; vote for mine in this month's Cupcake Hero; it's almost over and my cupcakes are unique and delicious! Bake some for yourself.
In the meantime, take a tasty look at these insider photos; composed of delicate cake, chewy & nutty marzipan, and smooth mouthfuls of Italian Buttercream and ganache. Enjoy, then go make yourself some tasty treats and try not to get yourself as exhausted as I am!

Crispy Coffee Torte


Special Praline Torte


While the going is tough, I've been trying to look back upon the positive surprises I found during my Plated Desserts class last segment. Take a look at these tantalizing desserts and hopefully you can find some flavorful inspiration yourself!

Molten Chocolate Cakes with Ginger Ice Cream (the best), Mango Reduction Sauce, Passionfruit Sauce, and Tuile Garnish

Red Wine & Raspberry Poached Pears with Orange Ice Cream, Reduction Sauce, Orange Segments, Fresh Raspberries, Cranberry-Orange Compote and Almond-Lace Tuile

Chocolate, Peanut & Banana Entremet with Chocolate-Dipped Bananas, Chocolate Sauce and Mango Reduction Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment