Friday, May 21, 2010

At Home with the Passionista and Raspberry Vanilla Cupcakes

Today showed the culmination of my year of schooling. I am finally home, and very much enjoying my first full day of summer; keeping in mind that if I were in high school, I would be in school for another 5 weeks. I''m now officially a sophomore, I'm out for the summer, and I still have not graduated high school.
Amidst all of these realizations today, I created some tasty treats. Out of the oven came some "raw" chocolate raspberry macaroons that I dehydrated overnight, and out of the drawer came fat free chocolate brownie cookies so that i could give them the "next day" evaluation. Then, I set to work creating cupcakes to serve the team at Relay for Life, going on tomorrow. But always spinning with ideas, I could not just make ordinary vanilla cupcakes. No, I had to make my favorite vanilla bean cupcakes, and then I had to make them low fat. Therefore, I had to make half of them raspberry.
 In the end, i made 8 vanilla bean cupcakes, and 8 raspberry cupcakes, made by replacing the milk (not the butter, as I was originally going to replace, as the method used in the formula would be severely impacted), then spread white chocolate Italian buttercream though you can't taste much white chocolate or other flavor) over top and decorated them with shell borders and a piped "cancer ribbon".
Now, if only I could have presented these cupcakes for my practical!
In the next few days, I will be experimenting to hopefully find the perfect, innovative, creative fat-free cake recipe that describes my personality and culinary point of view. For now, indulge your eyes and salivate over this photo of the raspberry cupcakes. Summer is finally here!

No comments:

Post a Comment